What To Do After A Car Accident?
What you do after being in a vehicle accident can have a massive impact on your life moving forward. Many people don't know to seek the proper treatment for their auto injury. At Rainier Sports and Spinal Rehab, we offer chiropractic care, including car injury chiro care to Puyallup, WA residents. Here's a breakdown of what to do after a vehicle accident.
Visit a Chiropractic Clinic for an Examination
If the paramedics clear you, you should visit a chiropractic clinic to get assessed by an auto accident chiropractor. Car accidents typically result in musculoskeletal injuries that don't manifest immediately, unlike other injuries such as bruising, lacerations, and bone fracture. A general physician or paramedic can have difficulties diagnosing musculoskeletal injuries.
Chiropractors are medical professionals who treat musculoskeletal complications and injuries. The chiropractor will examine you to establish whether you sustained any musculoskeletal injuries such as whiplash or a slipped vertebra from the accident. If they diagnose you with a musculoskeletal injury, they create a chiropractic treatment plan for you.
What Are the Risks of Not Seeing an Auto Injury Chiropractor After a Vehicle Accident?
If you don't go for a chiropractic examination after a vehicle accident, it's likely that:
- Your auto injury can develop scar tissue that will hamper your full recovery and range of motion of the affected muscles or joints
- The injury can lead to other more severe complications that can cause chronic headaches and neck and back pain, negatively affecting your daily life
- You might have to rely on pain-relieving medications, some with side effects like addiction to pain management
Benefits of Getting a Chiropractic Examination After a Car Accident
- Pain Relief: Any musculoskeletal injuries you might have suffered will be treated promptly, thereby preventing more serious conditions that can cause chronic neck and back pain and headaches
- No Dependence on Perscription Medicine: If you already have pain because of your injuries, chiropractic care will offer long-term pain relief without medicine or side effects
- Restored Range of Motion: Chiro therapy will get rid of scar tissue, encourage quick healing of your injury, and enable you to regain range of motion on the afflicted body part
Need Auto Injury Chiro Care in Puyallup, WA?
Our chiropractor is ready to offer you the best chiro treatment at Rainer Sports and Spinal Rehab in Puyallup, WA. Call us today.