Chiropractic Care for Sports Injuries
For many people who are involved in a sport, that sport can play a significant role in maintaining their physical and mental health. Suffering from an injury can put a real damper on things. However, recovering properly from an injury is important. Chiropractic care and other natural healing methods can treat a sports injury at its source and prevent further damage. At Rainier Sports & Spinal Rehab in Puyallup, WA, we can help you heal and strengthen your body so you can return to your favorite sport.
Common Sports Injuries
Injuries can happen in nearly any sport. Getting the proper treatment for your injury is vital in keeping your whole body healthy. While there are many forms of sports injuries, the majority of them fall under several categories.
- Sprains: Stretching and sometimes tearing one of your ligaments, which connect bones to one another.
- Strains: Stretching or tearing your muscles or the muscle tissue that connects muscle to bone.
- Inflammation: Often caused by overuse, such as repeatedly swinging a bat or golf club, inflammation can result in pain, swelling, and warmth in the affected area. Common inflammation injuries include tendinitis, fasciitis, and bursitis.
- Dislocation: When bones slip out of a joint and become misaligned.
- Cramps and Spasms: A painful stretching feeling, such as a charley horse, that can be prevented through proper stretching and hydration.
Treating and Preventing Sports Injuries
One of the keys to treating sports injuries is to rest and recover. Our team of experts can help diagnose your injury and decide what form of treatment is right for you. Chiropractic care is a great way to treat a sports injury because it is non-invasive, safe, and natural. Treatment methods include spinal adjustments and alignments, massage therapy, Kinesio sports taping, functional training, and more. We can also assign exercises for you to do at home to strengthen your body while it recovers. Chiropractic care methods can also reduce your chances of reoccurring injuries.
Make Your Appointment Today
If you regularly participate in sports, or are generally active, you don't have to wait until you have an injury to see a sports chiropractor. Sports injury treatment is just as much about prevention as it is about healing. At Rainier Sports & Spinal Rehab in Puyallup, WA, our team is committed to creating a personalized treatment plan for you. We can treat a wide variety of conditions, and always offer a unique rehabilitation plan. Call us today to schedule an appointment.