The Rehabilitation Team At Rainier Sports & Spinal Rehab in Puyallup, WA Can Help Manage Your Shoulder Injury Following an Auto Accident
Rainier Sports and Spinal Rehab sees patients every week who are suffering from injuries related to a recent or remote auto accident. The shoulder is a common area for pain and dysfunction following a car crash, and our team is happy to help you or a loved one restore health and pain-free movement in this joint.
Common Types of Shoulder Injury Sustained During an Auto Accident
Wearing a seat belt as a driver or passenger in a car is not only smart for your safety and life, but it's also legally required in most states. The resistance of a seat belt against your shoulder can, however, lead to strain and injury on the shoulder. Depending on the severity of your auto accident, the shoulder can also become injured due to direct blunt impact.
Some of the most common types of shoulder injury we see following an auto accident are:
- Shoulder dislocation: the two main bony surfaces inside your shoulder joint (humeral head and glenoid fossa) become partially or fully misaligned. This can cause acute pain, immobility, and deformity, and may lead to chronic weakness and instability later on.
- Rotator cuff sprain or tear: muscle fibers can tear partially or fully, leading to reduced mobility, redness, and pain; ligaments and tendons may also become torn and inflamed
- Brachial plexus injury: many branches of nerves travel through your shoulder on their way into the arm; stress and pulling on these nerves
Shoulder pain after an auto accident may also be referred from the cervical spine if a person develops whiplash or a nerve impingement (often due to joint misalignment or disc herniation/bulge). A person may notice general bruising, swelling, and tenderness at the shoulder, as well.
Services Offered at Our Chiropractic Clinic for Shoulder Pain Management
If you meet with our doctor of chiropractic for shoulder pain injury treatment after your auto accident, you can first expect to undergo a thorough examination so we can get a clear diagnosis of your issue. Based on the diagnosis, we can utilize a variety of treatments to address your impairments and help you avoid long-term complications. Services may include:
- Chiropractic service, including Graston, Active Release, and spinal/extremity adjustments
- Corrective exercises
- Spinal Biomechanics Training
- Proper Functional Movement Patterns
Have You Been in an Auto Accident Near Tacoma, South Hill, or Puyallup, WA? Connect With Our Shoulder Pain Chiropractor Today!
Contact Rainier Sports and Spinal Rehab now at (253) 445-0440 to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor in Puyallup, Dr. Kevin Earle, or to meet the rest of our team and get your whole body back on the path to well-rounded well-being!