Having lower back pain is a typical issue among women during pregnancy. Research conducted by the American Pregnancy Association found that anywhere between 50-70 percent of pregnant women complain of back pain at some point in their pregnancy. Although pregnancy is one of the best experiences that can happen to a woman, body changes resulting from it often results in lower back pain. The most common issues that contribute to lower back pain among pregnant women are:
- Bad posture
- Weight gain
- Wrong positioning of the baby
- A change in the center of
- Issues such as stress and exhaustion
- Natural body changes in response to pregnancy and preparation for childbirth, such as loosening of joints and ligaments
What is Prenatal Chiropractic Care?
Prenatal chiropractic care is a method of relieving back pain among pregnant women. Much research has been put into chiropractic care, and it has proven to be a safe way of relieving back pain among pregnant women.
Chiropractic care is gentle and soft on pregnant women, which makes it a safe method of relieving back pain. Research by the National Institute of Health found that 94 percent of women who undergo chiropractic care experience drastic improvement within five days. Nowadays, many obstetricians and doctors opt to send pregnant women to chiropractors to reduce joint and back pain.
What Causes Back Pain Among Pregnant Women?
Pregnancy is not always easy. It is a process often filled with worry about the newborn, hormonal changes in the woman’s body, and constant lower back pain. Back pain can result from several things such as:
- Changes in the pelvic bones
- Posture changes as a result of girth changes
- Girth enlargement applying pressure on the back
- Increasing overall body weight altering the curvature of the back
Thankfully, all of these problems can be addressed through chiropractic care. By restoring your body’s natural alignment, much of the pain associated with weight and posture fluctuations can be eliminated.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care
Aside from lower back pain reduction, there are many other benefits to chiropractic care and massage, including:
- Less stress on the joints, back, and legs on pregnant women
- Increased flexibility
- Better sleep
- Increased recovery time
- Reduced incidences of morning sickness or nausea
- Easier and faster labor when childbirth comes
- It increases space for the baby’s growth
The most important benefit of chiropractic care among pregnant women is the ability to reduce pregnancy-related complications. It allows the woman to shift focus from back pain and immobility to the joy of giving birth to a new life.
Pregnancy Chiropractor in Puyallup
If you are looking for prenatal chiropractic care in Puyallup, contact Rainier Sports & Spinal Rehab today at (253) 445-0040.