Whiplash Symptoms And Solutions At Rainer Sports & Spinal Rehab
Whiplash can cause a variety of debilitating symptoms that ruin your quality of life. Fortunately, however, you don't have suffer with it or rely on painkillers to relieve it. Our chiropractor at Rainier Sports & Spinal Rehab, Dr. Earle, can address the multitude of symptoms whiplash can cause at the source, allowing your neck to heal naturally.
Symptoms of Whiplash
It's remarkable how many problems can occur when your neck experiences the extreme hyperextension and hyperflexion that produces whiplash. Symptoms of whiplash include:
- Neck stiffness - Injured soft tissues reflexively tense up to prevent further damage, while dislocate cervical spinal joints may not function correctly. This combination can make it impossible for you to turn your head.
- Neck Pain - Strained muscles/tendons and stretched tendons in the neck caused by whiplash can be extremely painful, while facet joints strain can cause painful joint inflammation. A herniated disc in the neck can push against spinal nerve tissue and nerve roots, leaving you with intense neck pain.
- Headaches and migraines - If your upper cervical spine and skull are forced out of alignment with each other, the resulting muscular strain can make you prone to headaches. Migraines that begin within a month of your accident may also be attributable to the upper cervical imbalances sustained in whiplash.
- Shoulder stiffness - Research has shown that 26 percent of whiplash sufferers have shoulder problems such as stiffness and pain. Since the shoulder, neck and upper back muscles all work together, an injury in one may cause tension and stiffness in others. Nerve pain can also be referred to the shoulder, or the shoulder itself may be damaged by the seat restraint.
- Neurological Symptoms - Nerve impingement from a herniated cervical disc can contribute to all kinds of odd neurological symptoms such as tinnitus, blurred vision, and cervical radiculopathy (tingling, pain, numbness or loss function in a hand or arm).
Chiropractic Care and Other Forms of Holistic Pain Management for Whiplash
Because whiplash can include so many different types of physical damage, it's important to know that your practitioner can provide holistic or "whole body" care to address every facet of your condition. Our Puyallup chiropractor can combine multiple healing modalities as needed to treat your symptoms by correcting their underlying causes instead of simply masking your discomfort with painkillers. These solutions may include:
- Chiropractic care to reposition the cervical joints and correct your upper cervical alignment
- Massage to loosen and heal injured soft tissues, relieving pain, spasms and stiffness
- Corrective exercises to help you rehabilitate your neck injury and regain normal function
- Kinesio taping to enhance circulation, relieve inflammation and reduce swelling
Get the Whiplash Relief You Need From Our Puyallup Chiropractic Center
The sooner you get your whiplash evaluated, the more effectively it can be treated. Call our Puyallup chiropractic center at (253) 445-0440 to schedule the natural relief your neck needs!